Sunday, July 1, 2018

Just Write and Paint - Let it Flow




"Blue Secret" Painting copyright 2018 by Jean Bourque (H 16 inch x W 20 inch)
Acrylics, gesso and mediums.... This feels peaceful, to me.


Hello ya'll,

I know it's been a long time since I had blogged on this blog.  For a while I was posting on other blogs and then I got really busy with college classes and rarely had any spare time for writing or much else. The past few weeks my brain is saying write...and witty little clumps of words come pouring into my absent minded brain and I say oh yeah... I started this journey in the arts as a writer. Well, that writer is still here and she is demanding I write more. So what's a semi-depraved semi-educated life long learning artist, writer to do... but write. (I ask)

Perhaps it is because I found one of my writing files the other day and time is limited. I can squeeze but a few minutes of each day as my self care slash personal upkeep,  is much more time consuming, due to the losses caused by disease. Now I will rise above that. I will get my pace back... it has taken time, but... I am not always the last one... now and that is really good.  Of course, I am a long way from being the first one down like I was in high school or in my previous college years (prior to this century).

Don't know what I would write about, but the fingers fastly flow over the keyboard and words do come...Just write, just do It! A strange day, a strange weak, (just noticed the typo and am leaving it as I think this may mean something) a strange month and even a strange year. I'm not sure if it's because I am further off the beaten path or if it's all the illnesses I have had that dragged me away. Now my brain wants to be back in charge. Okay... I say...

I didn't know how I did it, but I had my baby laughing last night.  The me that was me intellectually or perhaps just comedian may be back. I don't know after years of chemo brain... its sooo hard to say. At any rate, I'm not promising anything as I have learned, its best not to... when it comes to my writing that I do for fun. If there is a promise, it makes it a job and that is not a good way to write or to stimulate creative thinking. Much more creative when freedom rings.

It's actually my birthday and at one time, I didn't think I would have anymore of them... So now, I find I really do not care about birthdays anymore. I really would like the time to not race past me and then make me play catch up.So please.... Slow down please.... (me telling time to slow down) I know that will not alter time, but perhaps there is something to the idea of thinking time could slow down. If it went slower, I would not have to catch up so much. I think.

So this is my monologue for today a happy birthday girl day. May the year ahead be better and better. May you all feel joy!!

Yours truly.... Jeanee

 All artwork by me...this one is a fabric based one with hearts. c 2018.

No comments: