Twelve years ago, the Annual Flowertown Festival Run was added to the Flowertown Festival activities as the official kick-off event. Located in one of the South’s most beautiful locations, downtown historic Summerville, the Flowertown Festival Run draws over 850 runners every year. The run includes three distances: 10k, 5k and one mile—a distance for everyone’s pace. The 2009 run will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2009. Proceeds for both events benefit the Summerville Family YMCA.
- Entrants are asked to submit original paintings, drawings or digital artwork to represent one, or both of, the above mentioned events.
- The design entry must be appropriate to be used on T-shirts, posters, brochures, billboards and other promotional materials .
- No more than three (3) entries per person are permitted. Entries must be received no later than October 13, 2008 at 5:00p.m.
- The contest is open to all legal residents of the United States, except employees of the Summerville Family YMCA .
- Entry fee: $15/entry. Please make checks payable to the Summerville Family YMCA.
- Student entries will be entered in (and eligible to win) the open competition.
- Designs must be original to entrant.
To enter, send your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and design created by you for the event(s) indicated above. Only entries that comply with all contest requirements (listed below) will be accepted. Please mail your entry to:
Summerville Family YMCA
140 S. Cedar St.
Summerville, SC 29483
Attn: Liz Graham
You may also e-mail your entry with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and an e-mail attachment that must be saved in one (1) of the following formats jpg, gif, eps, bmp containing your t-shirt design entry. Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submitted designs become the property of SFYMCA upon receipt and may be published in any medium by SFYMCA without additional compensation to entrants. The SFYMCA is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. From all eligible entries received, the SFYMCA judges will select one winner based on design’s originality, creativity and reflection of the event image on or about October 24, 2008.
The winners will receive their choice of either $300 or a booth space at the Flowertown Festival (valued at $350), as well as 6 t-shirts and 10 posters. All other expenses and all federal, state and local taxes are winner’s sole responsibility. No transfer or substitution of prize is allowed. The winning design(s) becomes the property of the SFYMCA and may be modified as necessary. The winning design(s) will have sponsor logos added and the placement of those logos is at the discretion of the SFYMCA.
(Photo: of art done by Jean Bourque)