Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fundraiser for Deleveled at White Mule Tues 10/26



Jeff Pitts of the Columbia band, Deleveled recently reported while he and his band mates were on tour in the NY area their van was robbed and a lot of musical equipment was stolen and two guitars the band used regularly are now gone.

Several musicians have stepped up and offered to let the band borrow equipment so they can honor the commitments they had. Musicians are pretty good like that. They treat each other like family much more than I would have guessed.

Anyway, I am asking you my dear readers to do what you can for these fine musicians. They are just starting to make it big and I really think this group has got what it takes to go the distance. Wouldn't it be great to see a band from Columbia SC make it big? It's been a long time since Columbia has had a band make it on the national level.

This Tuesday night Oct. 26th, I am painting live with Deleveled at The White Mule on Main St. They are having a pay what you want concert, with all proceeds going to the band. In addition I will have a guitar painting on silent auction that evening in which I will donate 50% of the proceeds to the band. Doors open at 8PM with an opening band Prettier than Matt and then Deleveled will play later. If you are on Facebook or Reverbnation; you can search the band to hear their music.

I would like to see fellow artists and musicians turn out for this event and show your support for each other. If you cannot make it to the event and would like to donate or place a bid please contact me as soon as possible to make arrangements.

Thank you,
yours truly,
Jean Bourque



No comments: