Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thinking about the Art Process






Have you ever looked at an abstract painting and said how do they think up those things? So many people have asked me that over the years. After 20+ years I have realized I do not actually "think up those things". It's all about the art process and I love sharing that. Will be sharing more about this with the art community. Subscribe to this blog now and follow me on Facebook so we can share with each other. What would you like to know?

Sometimes I just use paint, like in the top photo but that is actually a rare event. Usually
I use many mediums and other things this is why I am more of a Mixed media artist than an abstract or impressionistic artist. In the middle photo, I painted this live to Keith Bates music at The Red Door three year party in 2013. The animal looking shape is actually made out of netting material. besides acrylic paint, I also used pastels and charcoal and most of the works are on canvas, like these two above. 

Not long after this event I purchased a Gelli plate and OMG, ya'll I have fallen in love with the things that I can make now!! Here is just one photo of a new process I am working with the plate and other odd mark makers...on paper ... sorry for the glare it is under glass.  Will get better pics. :) 

Yours Truly,
Jeanee

No comments: