Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Rita Smith Gallery Opportunity


The Rita Smith Gallery is located at 3400 Forest Drive in Richland Mall in Columbia, SC and features numerous SC artists including many painters, jewelers, and potters. The newest artist Rita has added to her artist roster is Harriett Hilton a realistic painter from Orangeburg. Hilton's work often features scenes in nature and life. Her primary medium is acrylic and she typically works on canvas. Harriett is also a very active blogger and an excellent writer. Feel free to take a look at her blog at Artistic Musings. Harriett told me that the Columbia artist Michel McNinch was very inspirational to her when Michel spoke at the Orangeburg Art Guild a few years ago. Michel also has an art blog, you may want to read for more art info.

Rita Smith Gallery is currently taking applications for artists that are working in 3D; such as functional pottery, mosaics and unique items that do not already exist in her gallery. Her gallery has been there a long time and she has an excellent reputation. Even though I was only there for ten minutes, I saw quite a few shoppers and was impressed by this much traffic on a hot Friday afternoon.

The Rita Smith Gallery is located on the first floor of the Richland Mall. The way I got there was by cutting through Barnes and Nobles and then walking across the hall. For me, that was a great way to go, as I discovered a wonderful display of art magazines I had never heard of or seen before, including some that focused on abstract art which is my deepest artistic passion. As an avid reader, any time I can go through a bookstore I am very happy. Art and Books all in one trip to Rita Smith's Gallery in Columbia, SC. Fun!

While at Rita Smith's Gallery the work of Jean Berry caught my eye. She has done some wonderful horse paintings which you may want to take a look at. They are realistic and lovingly rendered. Go ahead and take a trip over to Richland Mall and get a look at all the exciting work at The Rita Smith Gallery.

I have to go now...
yours,
Jean Bourque

Ping:

1 comment:

harriett said...

Thanks for an excellent article! *blush*