Friday, November 30, 2007

Paths and My Space

"Paths"
an oil painting on canvas, 16 x 20 inch
by Jean Bourque
*
This past week I started a myspace page. I finally joined so I could see the work of a friend and make comments. The larger picture of course is to meet other artists, join some art groups and expand my horizons. After all, I am in 6 art leagues and 2 writers groups, so why not, be where there are millions of other people. It would be by far the largest group I ever joined.
*
Lots of great people in the world have gone before me and done some really neat things on their myspace pages; so I am sure a tale or two can be told to help my ho hum page be more! Before long myspace will really look like me and myspace. But for now, it's pretty bland, I am just learning, bear with me. If you are reading this and have any designer tips, I would love to hear them. Feel free to visit myspace by clicking. If you read my blog and have a myspace page please go to myspace and say hello!
*
Back to Paths....
*
While putting some of my artwork on myspace I found the jpegs for "Paths" and thought about when I created it and how different life was then. This painting is at least ten years old. So I have walked a few paths since I painted it. The old paths are well worn and it's now time to do a new "Path". Many people have told me this past year, that my painting and writing are more in depth now and perhaps that is so. Stay tuned for the new Path of 2008!
*
yours truly,

No comments: