Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Art Season and I will be Painting!!!


Hi;


I know I didn't write much this summer and that's okay. Columbia's art scene pretty much dries up for the summer. Fall is almost here now and I hope all ya'll that wanted to enter the SC State Fair Juried Fine Art Show have remembered to do so on line.


A long weekend is upon us and I will be painting. One of my Charlotte NC friends has bought a new home and needs more art. I will be painting in Chroma Interactive Acrylics. These have a longer dry time; making it possible to paint wet on wet which is typically an oil painting thing. I love oil painting but it has very toxic chemicals and the paint takes forever to dry. Not so good for an artist that likes to work multiple paintings at times. I can't tell you how many smeared paintings I had in oil.


With Fall; comes beautiful colors...the colors burst onto the leaves before they fall. The pumpkins, squash and cantaloupes adding new colors to our landscapes. The air smells different and hurricane season is upon us. School has started and after this weekend; vacations will end until we get closer to Thanksgiving.


I'll paint my geometric painting outside without rulers; without lines; without tape and just go freely into the blinding light and follow it where ever the brush takes me. This piece will be filled with feeling and that is what my friend in Charlotte makes me think about. We have been friends for nearly 20 years and visited each other in various states and kept in touch. Feelings... someone that has feelings; that cares and loves geometric art. So to my friend in Charlotte...this is your weekend. I dedicate it to you. I will have to follow up with a visit of course and I can't wait to see the new house; custom built for you; my friend.


Have a GREAT Labor Day Weekend...ya'll.

yours truly;

Jean Bourque

No comments: