Saturday, September 5, 2009

Windows on the Vista in the Rain


Many of the paintings by Jean Bourque have obscure themes. But then many have realistic themes and are grounded in reality. Take "Windows" for example. The concept of windows has come up many times in my work and I liken the idea to that of Doors. No, they are not the same thing , but in each I have some thing that is not the object as in a Window or Door that I also think of as windows. My example here should be obvious to any PC user. LOL!
Windows.... I have sold all the windows I have done to date, including Windows 98 and Windows 2000. This one is still available. It is a museum quality canvas with over a one inch thick mount and is 30 inches by 24 inches. I think of it as Windows on the Vista in the Rain.
Yours Truly
jeanee

No comments: