Positive Social Skills Can Improve Your Life!
1. Share Your Smile! Smiling helps generate positive energy and will draw others to you.
2. Show your gratitude! Always thank people and let them know you appreciate them.
3. Listen! Show interest by asking questions, maintaining eye contact and using their first name.
4. Bring People Together! If you know something or someone that can help someone else, bring them together; this increases positive energy, all around.
5. Try to Understand! Everyone has a point of view, keep an open mind. Welcome that we are all unique and have a right to differing opinions.
6. Speak clearly! Do not be offended if someone questions what you said or asks for an explanation. This shows they are listening!
7. Develop empathy and avoid judgement! Put yourself in their shoes and think how you would feel. People appreciate being able to share their thoughts without judgement.
8. Think Positive! No one wants to be around someone that is always being negative. If you must vent, save it for your journal. If you must verbalize, do it in the shower.
Don't forget that smile! :)