Monday, March 8, 2010

The Music in Me and my New Art Series


New Music Series... just a few words about the musical Inspiration


Just a bit of insight about music and how it has influenced me. As a young girl, I took guitar lessons and I have always loved the guitar. Originally, I thought the guitar symbolized a need for me to perfect playing it, when in reality; my need for guitars is as basic as listening to them. As someone who listens to guitar often, I have become an avid supporter and follower to many guitar players. The best part is when the player becomes the music. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I am totally identifying with the music as an artist and it inspires me to create. When the4y become the music, I become the art. LOL!

My (late) grandfather also a painter and musician, had a set of drums and a juke box in his living room. He played the drums and would let me bang on them. I know they had to have sounded terrible, but he always seemed to like it. He would get on the drums and play, I would be just in awe. It is these beginnings that led to a life long fascination with music. My music, is my art. Music makes my art. Three cheers to the music and artsails1!!!!

Cheers, cheers, cheers on my third anniversary of writing this blog.
Yours truly,
Jeanee Bourque

No comments: