Monday, September 3, 2007

California Dreaming and Peter Max

I just got through reading Art Daily which is the oldest online art newspaper. (check it out)
Peter Max is now showing at the de Young Museum in San Francisco, CA along with the city wide celebration of "The Summer of Love" anniversary.
*
It's times like these I wish I were back in CA. I could hop in the car and head into SF and check out the show. The first time I ever saw his work was in San Francisco; CA. The bright colors in his posters felt like they were alive. The artwork spoke to me and it was one of life's defining moments! I was just a child doodling with the brightest colors I could find in pastels, crayons or even Tri Chem. How could I ever go back to Spirograph drawings and Jon Gnagy paint kits after seeing the electrifying works of Peter Max?
*
Answer: I couldn't!
*
If you would like to see what I am talking about click on his name or buy this book:
"The Art of Peter Max" TMc; dated 2002 written by Charles Riley II. There are lots of images on large format glossy paper and it is like taking a trip down memory lane with a big box of Eye Candy.
*
California Dreaming of a Peter Max Art Show *
Jeanee

No comments: