Monday, September 10, 2007

I saw Peter Max Saturday night in Charlotte NC


I believe my headline says it all. What a heady experience for a big Peter Max fan to be at a Peter Max Art opening and Gallery Reception! He was in Charlotte NC at the Wentworth Gallery, Saturday evening September 8, 2007. It was so exciting to see him and so many of his artworks all in one place at one time! It was all so colorful and of course all the works were framed and displayed and they were selling like I had never seen at any art opening ever. It was very impressive to think about how many sales they may have made during my short visit.
*
I must admit that Peter Max's art style with all the bold colors has been the biggest influence of all living artists on my own artistic ventures. After seeing so much Peter Max in "real life" and breathing the same air; I feel like a teen age groupie and probably sound like one, too! I don't believe I have ever seen so many bright colors in such a small space ever. Smile!
*
I can't wait to get my hands in the paint and go bold again! It was just what I needed!
Yours Jeanee
About this painting: This is Free Forever on a 16x20 inch canvas painted in acrylics and oil pastels; painted by Jean Bourque, c 2006; it is unframed and for sale.

No comments: