Friday, September 7, 2007

Morning Coffee Chat with Jean Bourque

UPDATED ************
Good Morning! Aaah; nothing like a fresh cup of coffee using kona beans from Hawaii to get the brain thinking.
*
Tonight at 80808 Studios in the Vista in Columbia SC they are having an art show from 5-10 pm, with many international artists. It should be a great show and really the first of this magnitude in this area that I can recall. Of course most all our local favorite artists from 80808 will be there too. Laura Spong will be showing work from her early days as well. *
*
This past week we had our Artist Round Table meeting on Tues. We met with each other to discuss marketing, websites, art shows, art business and the ever popular subject among artists; selling more art. If you are a serious artist and are not a member; you may want to really consider this business minded ART group. ART meets the first Tues. of every month at 7 pm at the Chamber of Commerce 930 Richland St. Columbia, SC. *
Reminders:
*
Monday Sept. 10 Trenholm Art Guild aka: TAG is having the monthly art meeting at Richland County Recreation Commission; at The Forest Lake Park in Columbia, SC Meeting 7PM. Speaker Lee Malerich, nationally known fiber artist and teacher from Neeses, SC at 7:30 pm
*
Monday Sept. 17th Crooked Creek Art League meets aka CCAL at Crooked Creek Park in Chapin SC
*
Thursday Sept 20 Seven Oaks Art League aka: SOAL will be having their monthly meeting
at Seven Oaks Park in the St Andrews area of Columbia, SC at 7 PM. Group gets together starting about 6:30 for greet and meet, all artists are welcome to attend.
**********
Painting on the back porch... I will admit this week is definitely cooler (than last week) thank goodness. The group of paintings I have been working on are coming along well. I have just finished putting the final touches on my piece for the fair and am real excited about it.
Besides the Fair piece I have 5 others in process. Since I am painting on a bunch of canvases during each sitting, perhaps it would be best to bring more than one canvas when I paint at Saluda Shoals. Heaven forbid I may get bored or stifled just working on one. Laugh! You see, I really like doing a lot of paintings at the same time. With the great loopy curved and bent trees I will be in front of I think that will call for at the very least two paintings. Come see me paint on Sunday Oct. 7th at Saluda Shoals Park from 1-4 in Columbia, SC.
*
Have a great day.... paint your life away...it's a lot of fun!
yours;
Jeanee

No comments: