Thursday, January 10, 2008

Artsy Days are Here Again

"Journey" a Mixed Media Silk Collage c by Jean Bourque (SOLD)

Have you ever really looked at fiber art? When I ask that some people say is that just a fancy way of sewing or quilting? And of course I chuckle and say well no, but it could be if that's what you make of it. My own fiber arts are a variety of works I have done over my entire life. These are such a huge variety of combinations even though compared to my paintings in number they are far fewer. People really like them, that's why I do not have many of them in sstock at any given time. I really like them too. There is something about digging through a scrap heap of left over fabric, or tearing an old scarf or blouse down to it's prettiest parts. The feeling of pure joy is forever etched in my mind and it lets me be the free spirit, I really am. LOL!
*
I met with a wonderful fiber artist for lunch. She brought samples of her work. Each tiny little ATC and postcard was absolutely a work of art. I loved the textures, the unique qualities I found in each one. Some were adorned with tiny charms and others with cross stitch, zig zag stitches and mounted on vinyl, paper or a postcard. (Google Susan Lenz ) My fiber arts have been sitting in a bag waiting for assemblage...and apparently they waited for inspiration as well. Now, that I have my schedule totally booked day and night, I am inspired. How does this happen? I am so ready to play with fabrics. I want to do an Artist's Trading Card exchange with you. I also would like to do Exchange of artworks with other artists, too. If you are interested email me.
*
ATC's have become very popular. This is happening all over the world. It is original, never a print, and the ATC is a tiny little work 2.5 by 3.5 inches and it is never to be sold only exchanged among artists. It must have your name and contact info on the piece. be thinking about what you could do and as I have time to work on them, I will post them up, so you can see what I mean.
*
Hugs, peace and love are the ingredients in great art and remember the arts make the world go round and round...
Stay artsy...Jeanee

1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Great post! I can't wait to see what you make with your inspiration and stash of fibers. Our project is going to be fantastic. I am hard at work (computer work, that is) getting it all set up. I'll contact you soon!
Susan