Sunday, January 20, 2008

Selling Art on Ebay and The Love Series

Love Series by Jean Bourque
Prints to be released soon!



At Seven Oaks Art League this past week we had Rachel Parker talk with us about Selling Art on Ebay. She mostly sells prints on Ebay but on occasion does sell originals. She spends about 10 hours a week on ebay including her painting time and sells 3-4 prints a week. She sells several originals a month and also gets commissions through her ebay store. She sells her works unframed (usually) and they can be mailed in a priority envelope unless they are large and then she would use a poster tube. She recommends using PayPal as the preferred method of payment on Ebay. There is a live link for PayPal to the right, here. She links it all to her main website and blog.


Listening to Rachel really got me motivated to get back on ebay. After all I am certified by Ebay and have helped other people set up their ebay accounts and taught them how to use it. For me, it's just a matter of doing it. I have been hearing a lot of positive feedback on my Love Series of art from the Talent Database and local friends too. Perhaps it's time to test the waters....with an entirely different art product and marketed in a totally different way.

Don't mind me, I am just thinking as I am writing....it's open to feedback and comments...
The love series...because love never goes out of style and it's almost valentine's day!
Yours Truly,
Jean Bourque

No comments: