Sunday, April 8, 2007

Some Art Websites you should see

Just wanted to share the art work of two art friends...Ingrid Carson and Gail Cunningham. Both women are members of the Seven Oaks Art League and have won many awards on their art work. This is a painting by Ingrid Carson. The story follows...

I have painted with Ingrid many times over the past ten years. We have had a lot of fun together painting. I remember one time we were way up in the mountains in NC at her winter retreat and I had never seen Ingrid paint anything but reality based items. Much to my surprise she painted the painting to the left in abstract art and she did such a great job; I was really blown away. So much so that I never did finish my paintings that weekend. I have since finished them but they are very different then they were when I left the mountain house. Ingrid and I enjoy each others art so much; we each own art by the other.
*
If you want to learn to paint from a patient teacher; call Ingrid; she is a wonderful art teacher. She teaches classes in oil paintings and has a studio at her home. Information for contacting Ingrid is on her website and her artwork is there for you to view. Check out Ingrid's art on my website where she is my first featured artist at http://www.jeanbourque.com and you can check her art out on her website at
*
*
Gail Cunningham works in many different mediums. In Columbia, SC at least among the women; Gail is probably best known for her jewelry in polymer clay. I wish I had a picture to upload; but I don't. She has some on her website. Besides jewelry; Gail has done many paintings and collages. Like me; Gail is a past President of the SOAL. Gail; is another artist that I own some of her work. Although I do not have a painting by Gail Cunningham; I do have two beautiful pins in polymer clay and I love them both. Her pins look like miniature paintings and they tend to be abstract art into themselves. They are not crafty looking; they are very fine art pieces. You have to see them to know what I mean. Even though I work in many mediums and do assemblage; I would have no idea how to make these fine artworks of jewelry!
*
Here is Gail's website check it out: http://www.bayharbordesigns.com/
*
*
In case; this is the first time you have read my blog and you are wondering; who I am; you can read about me and see some of my art at my website at http://www.jeanbourque.com/
*
One final note... I am looking forward to adding more web videos and making some myself soon. Maybe you can star in one of the art videos! So my friends and artful dodgers... watch this blog...it will get more interesting...I promise you that!!!
*
Until next time ... keep on painting... I have 4 in process right now...can't wait to finish them...and show them to you; but we must wait...
Momma said all good things are worth waiting for...
Artsails1
www.jeanbourque.com



No comments: