Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Paint Flows onto the Table by Jean Bourque


On my day off; I finally had my office almost totally organized and took the tablecloth off a 3ft x 6ft work table to throw in the laundry. The top looked dreadful; no wonder I had a table cloth on it. With that thought in my head; the next thing you know I am painting the top. I was just going to paint it an electric blue. I was sponging the paint on at first then realized I didn't have enough electric blue paint to do the whole top.
Oh no!
*
Thursday; I had gone to City Arts and bought a 24 x 36 pre-stretched canvas. I also spotted some sponge brushes; which I figure always come in handy when I do collage and have to use adhesives or if I need to do a poly coat. The sponge brushes were just the thing I needed for flowing paint on to the table. I decided to take the electric blue as far as it would go. It covered about 3/4 of the 3 ft x 6 ft work table. I looked at my bright blue table and thought "sky" what would look good with the sky. I wanted a pink or a red. I found an antique rose and decided to do the bottom of the table with it and another new sponge brush. Next thing you know I was in the flow and I was carrying long strips of pink up into the sky.
Oh no!
*
I spotted a Golden acrylic in Crimson; ahh the perfect finishing touch. The Crimson paint brushed onto the table with a sable soft bristle brush and created little flower tops to the long pink stems. When I was done painting the tabletop I realized as soon as I write on it; if I left it like that; it would be ruined quickly. I debated on going to get a piece of glass cut. Then decided to put a protective coat of gloss poly on. It has dried for over 30 hours now and is totally dry. Today it looks so pretty I hate to put anything on it.
Oh no!
*
yours truly,

No comments: