TEACHING ARTISTS FOR ARTSTEACH
ArtsTeach is looking for qualified teaching artists for its North Carolina Wolf Trap and ArtStart programs. Teaching Artists must:
1) have a strong artistic background in the performing or visual arts;
2) a minimum of two years experience as a teaching artist, working with school-age children;
3) be committed to working in an interdisciplinary environment;
4) be professional in demeanor, appearance, and approach; and
5) be willing to travel throughout Charlotte-Mecklenburg for programs, in addition to other qualifications.
Specific qualifications vary according to each program, click here for more details. Interested individuals must submit an application that includes supplemental materials and be willing to audition by presenting a sample lesson plan. Teaching artists are contracted personnel of ArtsTeach, contracted on an annual basis. Compensation varies according to each program’s fee schedule and number of residencies assigned. Interested applicants must attend an Information Meeting, Tuesday, May 29, 2008 from 4 - 5:30 PM, at Spirit Square, 345 N. College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202. For questions or to RSVP for the Information Meeting, contact us at (704) 333-1059. Deadline for applications: May 16, 2008